Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Fun!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
2010 I took some pictures of some very special
MOM's
this is the CUTEST (with cuties Ash & Nix) MOM... Cassie
the NEWEST (soon to give birth) MOM...Megan
and the BESTEST (most inspiring) MOM!!
I didn't get pictures of the other MOM's, but they are not to be forgotten!
there's:
(not in any particular order)
-the MOM of 5 GIRLS (adorable and darling)...Stacie
-the MOM of MOSTLY BOYS (we're glad she has Olivia)...Britney
-the MOM of ALMOST FOUR (an equal amount of both)...Ashley
AND
I think we all agree...
MOM OF THE YEAR!!! (a mix of many!)...Amber
and of course future MOM's Mallory and Paige!!
I love you all you are all wonderful mothers!!!
I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates
in a shiny sports car,
wearing beautifully tailored clothes,
my hair perfectly coiffed ,
and with long perfectly
manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon
that has mud on the wheels
from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of
peanut butter on my shirt from
making sandwiches for a
sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little
dirt under my fingernails
from helping weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's
sticky kisses on my cheeks and the
tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know that I was really here
and that I really lived."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
my thoughts...
I love being a mother,
I loved giving birth, feeding my babies and smelling their baby skin.
I loved watching them grow up, learning to walk and talk and kissing their cheeks.
I loved laying down at night with them, singing them songs,
reading them books and making them laugh.
I loved watching them go to school, waving good-bye with their
backpacks on their back and brand new clothes.
I loved watching them turn into teenagers,
stark raving beauties and handsome buff dudes.
I loved watching them cheer, play sports,
go to music, dance and vocal performances.
I love watching them grow in the gospel,
pass and bless the sacrament,
and bear a strong testimony of the gospel.
I love being together; camping, vacationing, bowling,
boating, playing games, and laughing!
I love watching them get older, make wise choices,
fall in love, get married and have children of their own
so that I can start all over
with...
smelling their baby skin, getting wet kisses and being called Gamma.
It's the best!!!
I love you my dear children, more than you'll ever know.
I would give my life for you!
I love the amazing people you have become and are still becoming.
I am so proud of you!
You fill me with joy!
LOVE,
FOREVER AND EVER...
Mom

2 comments:

A and R said...

Love all those mothers too! Great post Joce! Love you.

CAS said...

loved this post mom! especially the end on your thoughts of being a mother :) being a mother is the best! and thanks to you i had and still have a wonderful example to follow! i love you mom!